i've done something
something terrible
i've placed God in a box.
My Father.
HUGE as He is, I have fit Him into this tiny little box.
tiny.
and it's not a pretty box either...one of those gross cardboard ones that bend easily and...well you see my predicament.
I have unknowingly placed God inside this box where I can contain Him. I open it up when I need to ask for help...or when I need to feel good about myself. I always carry this box around with me..just in case.
but for the most part, God stays inside this box..all the while I'm outside of it, controlling my life the way I want to...or do I?
At least once a year I have a mental breakdown/panic attack just about life in general. If you could get inside my head you would see how much I worry about the mundane, tediousness called life. You would be amazed at the conversations I have with myself while walking to class...
Did you know that worrying about something won't change the situation one bit? You won't add any hours to your life. You can worry all you want, but God has still made His decisions. And that's exactly what they are..HIS decisions. Not mine. HIS. If only I could get that through my thick skull..
Some people may think that doing things the way YOU want them, the way YOU see fit makes you a confident person..
with God inside the box I am everything but confident.
I am..
self-conscious
weary
anxious
stressed out
flighty
...off my rocker, so to speak
In other words, with God outside of the box, God beside me and before me, allowing me to follow in His large, Father-like footsteps, I AM confident. But I'm not confident in my own might. I am confident in HIS might.
My God is so BIG (too big for a tiny cardboard box)
so strong and so mighty (He can rip cardboard in half with one word)
THERE'S NOTHING MY GOD CANNOT DO.
So, in so many words, next time you see me I won't have the box with me. Praise the Lord!
No comments:
Post a Comment