leaving Progreso, a quaint little industrial town on the coast of the Gulf of Mexico, on a bus back to the ship, a cute little Mexican man on the sidewalk holding a pole full of cotton candy, trying to sell it, make a little money from all the tourists.
I waved and he kissed his hand and waved back as if to say, "God bless you", or "thank you from the bottom, top, and whole of my heart", the look in his eyes absolutely made my heart melt
it might have been insignificant to anyone else, but it was one of the sweetest, most special moments of my life, and I realized in this moment that these people need love, my Father's love, this man is a person, just like me. the only difference is that he happens to live in an unfortunate part of the country, dirty and poor, in need of my Savior, and I need to share Him and His love.
we weren't even planning on getting off of the ship, but I had this almost urgent feeling to go, if nothing else just to see the town and take in another country not my own, unfamiliar territory, out of my comfort zone, and I saw beauty and creativity in everything around me
it was here that God gave me His eyes
sometimes I forget that others around me are just like me, vulnerable yet loving, guarded yet open to grace if someone will show them, and I was burdened..
burdened for, well God's people, all of them, and what am I doing?
I'm getting caught up in ..life, grades, jobs, you name it
not that these are bad things but I'm losing my focus
Father, give me Your eyes for everyone I meet. help me share you with them. I love you. thank you to the moon and back a bazillion times for your grace. thank you.
Live your lives in such a way that God would consider worthy. 1 Thessalonians 2:12
| beautiful beach |
| yes, that is a dead blowfish behind me |
![]() |
| lovely colors around every corner |

Hey. This is wonderful. I love you and your creative words. :)
ReplyDelete